Integrated marketing communications… What a mouthful, right? A bunch of words strung together to form a complicated thought and concept. But, in reality, integrated marketing communications is quite simple. According to Philip Kotler, “integrated marketing communications is a way of looking at the whole marketing process from the viewpoint of the customer.”
There are many forms of marketing and communications such as social media, SEO, content, email, and traditional advertising. How do you know which marketing channels or tools to use? The answer? Integrate them!
Integrated marketing communications has the following benefits:
- Clarity – If one marketing channel is good, two or three must be better! If you can portray a consistently good message across various channels, your message will come across much clearer.
- Consistency – By repeating key phrases and headlines on multiple channels, you ensure your customers are receiving consistent messages every time they engage with your brand.
- Maximum impact – Because you are engaging with customers on multiple channels and, more importantly, on the channels they want to engage on, your message will have a huge impact. You will even reach audiences you never thought possible.
- Cost-effective – By using the same images and adapting the same content for multiple channels, you can save a lot of money. You can save on writing, photography, and other costs.
- Time-effective – With integrated marketing communications, you don’t need to spend time figuring out which channel is the right one. You can save time and get maximum exposure at the same time.
According to the 4th Annual Consumer Insights Survey (2011), 72% of consumers want an integrated marketing approach. By now, this percentage is most probably higher.
What are you waiting for? Contact Que Lebatha Consulting today and we will make sure your integrated marketing communications reach the right audience, on the right platforms, at the right time.